Friday, February 12, 2010

The Rhetorical Situation, Feb. 12, 2010

On today's Rhetorical Situation, Jacob and I fill your ears with love songs from Gossip, Portugal. The Man, The Magnetic Fields, and Howlin' Wolf. You can also hear my story about being nearly run down in a parking lot, and Jacob and I lament the lack of compassion on Facebook.

Oh, and, of course, we give you the usual 30 seconds of dead air right before the first song.

Catch us live at KBVR.com Fridays from noon to 2 PST, or at 88.7 FM around Corvallis.




Playlist:

Gossip, "Love Long Distance"
Yeasayer, "Ambling Alp"
Portugal. The Man, "Lovers in Love"
The Antlers, "Bear"
The Magnetic Fields, "I Don't Believe In The Sun"
Pixies, "Winterlong"
Smashing Pumpkins, "1979"
The Fiery Furnaces, "Keep me in the Dark"
Phoenix, "Lisztomania (25 hrs A Day Remix)"
Starfucker/Pyramiddd, "German Love"
Run On Sentence, "8th St. Music Co."
Wolf Parade, "It's a Curse"
Howlin' Wolf, "Ooh Baby, Hold Me"
Ryan Adams, "The End"
Animal Collective, "My Girls"
Hockey, "Too Fake"
Ugly Casanova, "Cat Faces"
The Features, "Lions"
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Rich"
The Animals, "Hey Gyp"

No comments: