Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Parking Lot Press Release (Parenthetical Version)

My friends who have been around our apartment recently may recall the early-'70s Ford pickup truck that sits half in our lot and half in the grass of the neighbor's yard. Big news on this! After nearly backing into the truck two or three times, I mentioned the truck to an employee of our management company as she was cleaning the apartment next door last week (girls next door have moved out, so if anyone needs a nice two-bedroom, two-story apartment for less than $700 a month, give me a call). Well, this woman said the truck would be given a few days to be moved following a warning, then towed. Today, behold, an orange sticker is on the window, and I anticipate that the truck will be towed soon! If I witness this, I will drink a beer and toast to the tow truck driver as he hooks it up!

And surely you have heard me mention the infamous, scraggly black cat that was regularly sleeping on the warm hoods of our cars in November and December. Well, after I spoke with the lone animal control officer for the Corvallis Police Department (in light of this cat apparently using the bushes next to Josh's car as a litter box--complete with all the usual accompanying scents), the cat disappeared. Yes, she (and we know it's a she because she was seen mating in the parking lot 4 doors down one day) seems to have fled. No surprise, though, I did see her last week and slowly drove toward her with my car to see where she would run to for protection (I had hoped she would not run below our kitchen; she went to the neighbor's yard).

Just last month, the managers painted apartment numbers on the parking spots, so you're welcome to park in any spot that's open and unpainted, should you stop by.

And finally, I took notice of what a nice job the football player's girlfriend (the one with the shiny Civic) has done with their place by planting some flowers out front, and I'm inspired to do some gardening out back in the spring.

That's the latest news on our parking lot. And since only Josh will be reading this, I trust that the audience has been fully engaged.

5 comments:

Michael Faris said...

Congrats on getting the truck out the way. Hopefully I am not speaking too soon and it does go. :)

This comment is mostly being made to say Josh isn't the only one reading this. :)

Travis said...

Hey, cool, you made your way to my blog, Michael--more motivation for me to write (and improve this page).

Travis said...

P.S. I'm not really cruel to animals.

Josh said...

Well, Margoni, you're more popular than you knew.

The sad part about that truck is, of course, I could use a number of its pieces for my own truck, which is decidedly less nice than the one that we almost back in to every day.

Feel free to do what you want with the back yard. I envision: Hammock, picnic table w/ umbrella, lawn chairs, garden, barbecues, stumbling drunkenly in to the closed sliding door, etc.

Anonymous said...

You found Butterbell! She's been missing for months!