Monday, March 9, 2009

The case for Nic Batum?

Today on Yahoo! Sports blog Ball Don't Lie, I make the case that most of us in the Northwest are not saying, "dang, we should have taken Durant over Oden." It may happen one day, but I'm not ready to call Greg a bust, not for at least another year or two.

Further, I claim that Nic Batum is a better defender than Kevin Durant. This is not a wild claim; do the math on their blocks and steals per minute. Here is an Oregonian story from early November about Batum moving into the starting small forward position because of his defensive ability.

Now I'm on my way to class, and I have a paper due tomorrow on Ben Jonson and the Foucauldian author function. Ugh.

And enjoy this Batum highlight in hopes that the Blazers take down the Lakers in the Rose Garden tonight:

No comments: