Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sasquatch Music Festival

Last weekend a few friends and I decided that, yes, we will spend the $160 per ticket (it's up to $195 or so now) to attend the Sasquatch Music Festival on Memorial Day weekend, May 23-25, at The Gorge in central Washington.

Three days of great music and comedy. I'll probably continue to have anxiety over the amount of money this will cost me (camping is another $100 for 4 people, I think), but then I just look at the lineup and figure, well, this will be great. Performances I'm most looking forward to:

Saturday:
Kings of Leon
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Decemberists
Animal Collective (not that familiar, but I hear they're excellent)
M. Ward
Blind Pilot

Sunday:
Jane's Addiction
Nine Inch Nails
TV On The Radio
Of Montreal
St. Vincent
The Builders and The Butchers

Monday:
Ben Harper
Erykah Badu
Silversun Pickups
Fleet Foxes
Gogol Bordello
Grizzly Bear
Girl Talk
Blitzen Trapper
Demetri Martin

I really enjoyed typing that up.

I can hardly wait to see TV on the Radio. Here's a clip of them performing "Shout me out," off their latest album Dear Science, which was selected as the best album of 2008 by Rolling Stone, The Guardian, Pitchfork readers, NPR, Spin Magazine, and on and on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the Builders and the Butchers last week in Eugene. They're pretty fun to watch and the gap between the sound they make and their appearance is awesome.

You might also check out The Walkmen (on Saturday), if you don't know them already. But yeah, that's a pretty amazing lineup.

Travis said...

Yeah, I've seen the Builders and the Butchers twice, and each performance was fantastic. I've heard good things about The Walkmen, so I'll have to get a copy of an album or two before before we go. If you're interested in going, Dennis, let me know.